Friends: whilst my other contributors, shall we say, "poo-pooed" the events following the potluck's conclusion last night I must admit that my experience was rather different. Yes, though it was true the population by and large was less experienced in the ways of the world than the "Clingers", while my compatriots were sullenly thieving, I was being welcomed back WITH OPEN ARMS.
My arrival sent shockwaves of excitement reverberating through the crowd. Within moments I was enveloped welcomingly by the crowd of youngsters who all, seemingly simultaneously, came to the realization that I was the thing that could break the monotony of their lives. After being there for only seconds, they were embracing me both physically and emotionally--telling me their deepest most treasured secrets, giving me gifts and praise, begging me begging me never to leave them.
Ever.
Dear readers, I must tell you, such a reception even I, It Girl?, couldn't have possibly anticipated. Such a need. Such a thirst for my love and attention. My presence here is NEEDED. That is why I have decided to put off my aimless jobless wandering of New York City in order to bring a bit more joy to Providence's cold dark winter. They want me. They need me. They like me, they really like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment