Friday, February 25, 2011

High Hopes That Will Surely Be Dashed

Well, hiya.  It's 4:40 on Friday afternoon, and my pal Nicole and I are on the cusp of a very grand adventure indeed!  In a little less than an hour, we'll have whisked ourselves away from the soggy, demoralizing streets of New York City. (The other day on Rivington, a hobo began begging me for a AAA Duracell battery; he claimed he'd been in the final round of his Polly Pocket when the power fizzled.  "You don't need a Triple A battery to play Polly Pocket," I said.  He regrouped, saying "It must've been a 9 Volt.")

But never mind the hobo.  Why Providence?, you little guys may be asking yourselves.   Well, Nicole and I have been yearning (of late) to return to a simpler time--a time when our only worry was whether or not Emily Taylor could eat shellfish.

I'll be enjoying Providence's wiles till Monday night, and Nicole will be there "until the wind changes."  Why not join us?  We'll be live-blogging our experiences relentlessly; it's sure to be a weekend chockablock with frog nostalgia, elaborate photo shoots, and outings to the Rock.  We may even have guest-bloggers such as Jake S. (who'll discuss the gowns and frocks on display at the Oscars) and Susan and Emmett (who will publicly discuss what each sees as the other's biggest flaw).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment