It's Meawa.
I'm just here to express how much I love olives, oatmeal, and films about polyamory. I love films with polyamory so much, in fact, that it should have been no surprise to Nicole and Matt that, when they lumbered into Providence an hour ahead of schedule, I was sitting in front of such a film, enraptured. After all, mere "friendship" is transient, but film--ART!--lasts forever.
It's not about priorities. It's about love.
It may not even really be about love.
When the movie ended and I arrived home, Nicole and Matt made no attempt to mask their fury. "Where were you?" asked a shrill, shrewd Nicole. "Look at you!" bellowed Matt. "Your hair's all askew, you're wearing a ratty old Jake Schorr sweatshirt, you reek of pot."
"Does she reek of pot?" asked Sara, who I later found out had been desperately placating Matt and Nicole for neigh upon an hour.
For the record: I did not reek of pot. But by then I'd poured myself a bowl of oatmeal and was contentedly munching. "Look at you," said Matt. "You're merry."
I left soon after, and made a solitary pilgrimage to the GCB. Well, let the haters hate. LET THE GREAT WORLD SPIN! I am Meawa. And that's that.
No comments:
Post a Comment